We thought we would give you the latest in these fast-changing times.
As you all know, we closed as a library last Monday at 1 pm.
Will and Terry were still coming in and during the week all the events and courses were cancelled.
This week, Will and Terry have opted for working from home, which, considering the strong government advice, is the right thing to do. So the library is now completely closed for the foreseeable future.
In the meantime, please let us know if you need help with anything and we will help in any way we can.
There are books, or at least there were on Friday afternoon, out in front of the library that you can take.
So for the rest, let’s all do our bit to keep ourselves and others safe and keep a safe distance.
We’ll get in touch again soon.
A new Bridge Course for complete beginners starts this Sunday 12 January from 6 – 7.30 pm at the Primrose Hill Community Library.
The course covers the basics and prepares for supervised play on Monday evenings.
Make new friends/meet your neighbours/challenge your brain!
Contact email@example.com for more info.
Every month we display books by authors recently deceased, this list currently includes the following…
- Judith Kerr
- Andrea Camilleri
- Gary Rhodes
- Al Alvarez
- Clive James
- Andrea Levy
- Tony Morrison
Pop by to borrow or reserve here.
The following books have arrived for December…
- Truman Capote – In Cold Blood
- Raymond Chandler – The Big Sleep
- Ann Cleves – The Long Call
- Clive Cussler & Graham Brown – Sea of Greed
- Samantha Downing – My Lovely Wife
- Stacey Halls – The Familiars
- Georgina Harding – Land of the Living
- Shirley Jackson – We Have Always Lived in the Castle
- M.R.James – Collected Ghost Stories
- Peter James – Dead at First Sight
- Caroline Lea – The Glass Woman
- Nancy Mitford – The Pursuit of Love
- David Nicholls – Sweet Sorrow
- Michelle Paver – Wakenhyrst
- C.L.Taylor – Sleep
- Dylan Thomas – A Child’s Christmas in Wales
- Kurt Vonnegut – Slaughterhouse 5
- Eric Vuillard – The Order of the Day
- P.G. Woodhouse – Joy in the Morning
- John Wyndham – The Day of the Triffids
- Travel guide to Budapest
- William Feaver – The Lives of Lucian Freud: Youth
- Michelle Magorian – Goodnight, Mr Tom (replacement for damaged book)
- Pseudonymous Bosch – The Name of the Book is Secret (replacement for damaged book)
- Anthony Horowitz – Alex Rider Collection
- Jacqueline Wilson – Dancing the Charleston (replacement for damaged book)
Sunday 17 November, 11am to 5pm.
Pop by and enjoy some teas & cakes and mulled wine whilst browsing for books and crafts in the warmth of Primrose Hill Community Library.
This year will be the biggest book sale to date at our library, so come by if you are a book enthusiast and are looking for a bargain!